||Join me in the OvationNet AI Community of Practice and together we will create the future of Appreciative Inquiry.
The OvationNet AI Community of Practice represents a global network of thought leaders, practitioners, trainers, researchers and students of Appreciative Inquiry. The guiding purpose that bonds this community together is simple: to advance AI in service of personal, professional, organizational and community development. The OvationNet Community of Practice is a facilitated yet self-organizing network of individuals, groups and organizations that embrace AI as a vehicle for positive change.
Join the AI Community of Practice and experience the benefits of connecting into the next generation of Appreciative Inquiry knowledge and practice. Designed to complement the existing resources currently available in the AI field, you will have unique opportunities to:
- Connect directly with David Cooperrider and many others he will host including AI thought leaders involved in appreciative inquiry consulting, positive organizational scholarship, strength-based change approaches, and leaders from countries and cultures around the world using AI in business, communities, governmental, and non-governmental organizations
- Participate in facilitated online events to explore case studies and emerging practices in the field
- Engage with other AI practitioners through Practice Groups focused on sharing knowledge and fostering the development of specific domains of AI practice
- Access a wealth of emergent AI resources and tools
- Network and build relationships with other community members from around the world
- Receive special benefits and discounts on AI workshops and events
- And much more
Annual membership provides full access to this wealth of resources and facilitated activities.
Online Community Events
Facilitated online events create a rhythm of engagement for the community as well as individual practice groups. Events follow several formats depending on their purpose and include real-time online meetings, teleconferences and asynchronous discussions. Events include:
- Regularly scheduled orientations for new members
- Quarterly online meetings with David Cooperrider on emerging topics in AI
- Quarterly online meetings with selected AI practitioners to review case studies and leading edge AI tools and approaches
- Regularly scheduled online meetings and teleconferences conducted by each Practice Group
AI Practice Group Collaboration
Practice Groups are sub-groups within the overall community whose members share a specific interest. Practice Groups provide a formal structure for inquiry into, discussion about, and advancement of specific domains of focus. Practice Groups are coordinated by a community member who helps the group clarify and evolve its purpose, focus and activities over time. There are two types of Practice Groups:
- Public Practice Groups are open to all members and include:
- AI in Education
- AI in Healthcare
- AI in Government
- AI in Business
- AI in Non Profits
- And others
- Private Practice Groups are created upon the request of two or more community members (e.g., a consulting group that wants to use the Community of Practice as its collaborative workspace)
AI & Organizational Development Resources
A variety of resources including AI tools, templates, presentations and case studies are continually created and updated by the community itself. Resources reside within an interactive library that allows members to upload and download files and engage in collaborative discussions about any given resource. While many resources represent the “knowledge products” of the community’s activities, others are provided by community members themselves and represent tools and templates that may be applied to a range of projects. Specific examples of resources include:
- Narrated presentations by David Cooperrider
- Practitioner case studies – narrated presentations that outline emerging approaches and tools for AI interventions
- Tools and templates – interviews guides, interview reports, summit agendas, etc
- All publicly available streaming videos of David Cooperrider’s presentations and other AI case studies
- Narrated presentations from the annual Virtual Organizational Development online conference
Linkages to Face-to-Face Events
In addition to full access to the online resources of the OvationNet Community of Practice, linkages to face-to-face gatherings are also supported, specifically:
- AI Trainings & Workshops – Practitioners and trainers who conduct face-to-face AI workshops can obtain private online spaces to support pre-workshop attendee introductions and post-workshop follow-up networking and collaboration. Special group discounts or revenue sharing arrangements are available to workshop leaders for this service as part of OvationNet’s affiliate program.
- AI International Conference – Practice Group gatherings will be organized to take advantage of the bi-annual international AI conference. Individual participants in the Community of Practice will be given opportunities to coordinate small group meetings and round table discussions to accelerate the work of the community.
Online Education & E-Learning
All community members receive preferential registration and special discounts on David Cooperrider’s online AI workshops and the annual Virtual Organizational Development online conference.